Store Exchange Errors Troubleshoot
The process of transferring data between the Headquarters and Remote stores is known as Store Exchange. The data that is shared between these stores is also known as mailbag. If you are experiencing an issue during the Store Exchange process, there can be several reasons for that. Some of them are listed below- Improper setup of Multi-store preferences.
* The store exchange password in Remote Store do not match with the password in Headquarters.
* Firewall and security programs are voiding the process.
* Compatibility issues with the machine.
* Invalid configuration of license number in multi-store.
* You are not logged in as a Windows Administrator, therefore you need to sign out and log in again.
* The user is trying to process a mailbag from one Headquarters file to another Headquarters file.
Down below is the list of errors that are covered in this article.
Error 175305: Errors were encountered, select VIEW LOG for details
Error code 175411: You have entered a license number which is already used by another store
Error code 175414: An error detected while copying file to %s for %s
No files waiting to be processed, select close to exit
Store Exchange password does not match the password in preferences. File s0X#####.qbt (Error code:2)
Error - 193: Primary key for dept keywords is not unique Solution 1: You need to discover and merge the duplicate customers from every location. Solution 2: Compress the database before you perform Store Exchange. Solution 3: Try General Troubleshooting for Store Exchange Errors. Error 175305: Errors were encountered, select VIEW LOG for details NOTE: Make sure that you are log in as a Windows Administrator. Solution 1: Make sure QBpos.exe is added as an exception in your firewall and security software. Solution 2: Try General Troubleshooting for Store Exchange Errors. Error code 175411: You have entered a license number which is already used by another store.
This issue occurs when more than one Remote Stores are using the same license numbers
Solution 1: Reset to default settings.
1. Select Preferences from the Company in File menu.
2. Select I Want To and press Reset To Default Setting.
3. Select Store Exchange and Configure.
4. Select Save and continue.
Solution 2: Try General Troubleshooting for Store Exchange Errors.
No files waiting to be processed, select close to exit.
Solution 1: Verify the source of the mailbag.
Go to activity log and validate the mailbag if it starts with HQ. Skip to Solution 2 if the mailbag starts with RS. If not, follow the steps:
Stores > Store Exchange Center > Activity Log > View.
1. Go to Remote Store company file, select File > Preferences > Company.
2. Select Multi Store first and then Select Change to Remote Store.
3. Perform the store exchange in the Headquarters computer after resending the mailbag from the remote store.
Solution 2:Configure Firewall applications.
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the run command.
- Type in control, then click OK to open the Control Panel.
- Set the “view by” to Small Icons, then select Windows Firewall.
- Choose Inbound from the Advanced Settings option.
- Click New Rule.
- Select Port, then click Next.
- Enter the port numbers, then click Next (See Point of Sale Firewall Ports section).
- Select Allow Connection, then choose Next.
- Name your firewall rule, then click Finish
- Follow steps 5-9 to create a new Outbound Rule.
Solution 3 :Try General Troubleshooting for Store Exchange Errors. Error code 175414: An error detected while copying file to %s for %s Where do you get this error ? Headquarters- 1. Close your Point of Sale. 2. Right click on the Point of Sale desktop icon and select Run as Administrator. 3. Run the Store Exchange. Remote Store- 1. Check the internet connection by opening an Internet browser outside of Point of Sale, and if the internet is not working, contact your IT. 2. Make sure that the Windows Profile you are using is not damaged, by creating a new Windows Administrator user. 3. Run the Storage Exchange. Store Exchange password does not match password in preferences. File s0X#####.qbt (Error code:2) Important: Make sure that all passwords are IDENTICAL. 1. From the File menu, Select Preferences and Select the Company. 2. Select Store Exchange from Multi-Store. 3. Select the Options tab. 4. Select Change Password and make sure all the passwords are same. 5. Perform the next cycle of Store Exchange. General Troubleshooting for Store Exchange errors Solution 1: Toggle the Store Exchange Communicationgg Method 1. From the File menu, select Preferences and select Company.
- Select Multi-Store and select Store Exchange.
3. Take note of the current preference.
4. Select Not Used for each store and select Save.
5. Re-open the Company Preferences window (File > Company Preferences > MultiStore > Store Exchange).
6. Re-enter the original company preference for each store’s communication method and select save.
7. Perform another cycle of Store Exchange (Stores > Send File).
Solution 2: Delete .QBT files
1. On your server, go to C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale x.x\Stex.
2. Right-select the .QBT file and select Delete.
3. Perform another cycle of Store Exchange.
NOTE: Do the following steps in all Remote Stations.
1. Search for all .QBT files.
- On your keyboard, press Windows+E to open the Windows Explorer.
- Press Windows+F to select the Search Box.
- Type in *.QBT in the search bar and press Enter.
- Delete all .QBT files.
3. Perform another cycle of Store Exchange. Solution 3: Reset the password for all stores
IMPORTANT: Make sure that all passwords are IDENTICAL.
1. From the File menu, select Preferences and Select the Company.
2. Under Multi Store, select Store Exchange.
3. Select the Options tab.
4. Select Change Password.
NOTE: Ensure the password in ALL stores are the same.
1. Perform another cycle of Store Exchange.
Solution 4: Perform 3 complete Store Exchange cycles. Three Complete Store Exchange is sending the mailbag trice to ensure no information is left out ( Stores> Send File). Solution 5: Run Point of Sale in compatibility mode (Windows 7 only) 1. Close Point of Sale.
Right-select the POS icon select Troubleshoot compatibility. 3. Select Troubleshoot Program and select Recommended Settings 4. Perform another cycle of Store Exchange. If you still have same issue please call QuickBooks Support USA at 1800-396-7703.