QuickBooks Error: Unable to send your email to Outlook
While emailing a transaction or a report if you come across any error then you must go through recommended solutions that are mentioned in this article.
Error Message That Would Be Displayed:-
QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook. Close any open Outlook windows and try again.
Some specific causes which could be the reason of error:-
- The setting for email is incorrect.
- MAPI32.dll file being damaged.
- Administrative rights.
- Damaged QuickBooks is installed.
- Damaged Outlook being Installed.
- Outlook running in the background while sending the mail from QuickBooks.
Below will be some solutions mentioned to fix the error just follow them in the order they are being mentioned in.
(By making sure that QuickBooks is processing as an administrator)
- On the QuickBooks Icon use right click and from there select properties.
- Now from there select Compatibility Tab.
- If select then deselect the option of – Run this program as administrator.
- Click on Ok
- Exit that window and restart the QuickBooks.
(Check Email preferences in QuickBooks to make sure they are correct)
- Click on Edit and select preferences and from there select Send Forms.
- Click the tab -My Preferences-.now from that tab select QuickBooks EMail and press ok.
- In case preferences are correctly set then-
- Select edit and then preferences followed by selecting Send Forms
- Now Click on the tab for -My Preferences- and choose QuickBooks email and then click OK.
- Select edit and choose preferences.
- Choose outlook and then Ok.
- Now close all the programs including QuickBooks.
- Now restart computer.
- When computer is started again open QuickBooks.
- Now again try to send main.
(Make sure that email preferences in internet explorer is also set properly)
- Close application of QuickBooks.
- Launch internet explorer.
- Choose tools and then internet options from there.
- Click on the tab names as programs.
- In this tab you have to make sure that correct email has been set as default. At end click apply then ok.
- Now close process of internet explorer.
- Now open QuickBooks again
- Again try to send the mail.
( Testing MAPI32.dll and repairing if damaged)
Important: These steps are to be performed by a qualified technician as it may damage the software. Contact QuickBooks Technical Support | Call 1800-470-6903
Using MS work for running a test on MAPI32.dll
- Restart your computer .
- Now open a blank document in MS office word.
- Click on file menu and from there select send and then Email as PDF Attachment.
- In case email has any error while opened call QuickBooks Support at 1800 470 6903.
- Close everything on computer if open.
- Click on start button of windows and select computer.
- Go to C:/Windows/System32.
- Double-click Fixmapi.exe and follow instructions if displayed on screen.
- After process completes restart computer.
Giving a new name to MAPI32.dll
- Close all applications of any open.
- Navigate to ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033).
- When you see MAPI32.dll right click on it and select rename
- Give it a new name as MAPI32.dll.OLD.
- Restart computer.
- Now run Fixmapi.exe once more.
- Restart computer again.
Read articles tagged below to repair