QuickBooks Desktop Crashes While Exporting Report To Excel Worksheet
Whenever your QuickBooks crashes or freezes whenever you are trying to export the reports to Excel, it is mainly because of any of these reasons:-
* The versions of MS Office and QuickBooks are not compatible or up to date.
* Damaged installation of QuickBooks or MS Office.
* Either the report is damaged or the data file.
Important- There is a limitation with the earlier versions of MS Excel, as the Excel Worksheet just has 256 column and if the user tries to extend the limit, Excel shows a warning message saying that “ Excel allows 256 columns in a worksheet.”
To resolve the issue, you need to follow the given solutions in the order they are stated below.
Solution 1: Make sure that the QuickBooks Desktop and MS Office you have installed is compatible to the specifications of your computer or a laptop.
Windows 10 (including 64-bit), Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2011 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
Solution 2: Update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version
You can easily update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version manually or even automatically.
To turn on the automatic updates you just need to turn on the Automatic Update and allow QuickBooks to download the latest available updates, even if the program is not running.
And if you do not want to update it automatically, you can turn off the feature and update it manually. (once in a month, recommended)
Solution 3: Repair Your QuickBooks Desktop.
You can manually repair the QuickBooks program and fix all the program related issues and errors.
It is recommended to prepare an installation CD before you begin the repair process and if you have purchased the program through internet, you need to download the installer from the website.
Windows 10, 8/8.1 and 7
1. Restart the computer as this will close all the unnecessary programs and services that may interfere with your QuickBooks.
2. Back up the QuickBooks company file.
3. Go to Control Panel from the Start menu.
4. Select Programs & Features from the list.
5. Select QuickBooks from the provided list and click on Uninstall/ Change.
6. Click on Continue, then Next.
7. Click on Repair and then Next. Wait until the Repair is completed.
8. Click on Finish and restart the computer if its prompted.
9. Download the latest version of QuickBooks and the payroll services.
Solution 4: Verify and Rebuild the data in QuickBooks Desktop.
Here below are the steps to verify and rebuild the data.
1. Go to Window > Close All.
2. To Verify Data. Choose File > Utilities > Verify Data.
3. To Rebuild Data. Choose File > Utilities > Rebuild Data.
4. If you receive a warning message to backup the company file, Click on OK.
5. Click on OK when you get the message of Rebuild Completed.
6. Go to File > Utilities > Verify Data.
7. If there is any additional damage detected in the verification process then the error will be located by qbwin.log and you will find the solution in QuickBooks Desktop Support site.
8. If you can not locate the error, you can restore the latest backup by:
Going to File > Restore.
9. For any assistance contact our QuickBooks Support team.
Solution 5 : Repair MS Office
You can try repairing the MS Office by going to the control panel. And if you have problem doing that then you should consult an IT professional to do that for you as Intuit do not support Microsoft Applications.