QuickBooks Desktop | Crash – Com Error :- While opening QuickBooks or email invoice
While launching QuickBooks Desktop application or any invoice or transaction you may face this error which say Crash due to com error
Crash: COM ERROR
Below are some solutions that can possibly help you to fix this error or else you can call QuickBooks 24 Hour Support at 1800-470-6903
Important: After getting microsoft outlook updated to version 1805 you may see that it is mentioned COM ERROR. A solution has been mentioned by microsoft itself see that on – Article by microsoft
Solution 1: Update microsoft outlook
- Launch microsoft outlook and click ok file menu and then keep opening these – Office account> Update options> Update now.
- Check if error is resolved or not if not follow next solution
Solution 2 : By setting Outlook as a default app for mailing
- Open control panel and then click on default programs and then click on set your default programs
- From the list of programs choose Microsoft Outlook and then click on set this as default.
- At last click ok
Solution 3 : by adding an email to MS Outlook
- Open file menu in MS Outlook
- Now select option of add account to start the process
- Write there the email to be added and click on connect
- After outlook detect a proper server click on connect
- Enter the password of that email and press ok
- Click on ok to complete process
Solution 4: Toggling mail settings
- Open control panel and choose Mail and then select Microsoft outlook.
- Choose Show profile in mail setup window
- If option ( Always use this Profile) is already selected and its prompting to ( Profile to be used) then just select apply.
- Toggle back to ( always use this profile) and select apply.
- Choose ok
Solution 5: Creating a fresh email profile for Outlook
- Terminate microsoft outlook
- Navigate to control panel and select Mail
- Select Show Profile option in show profile and then choose Add
- Under the option of profile name add a new name that you want for your profile and select the option of ok
- Now simply add an email to be used by your profile from the direction given on screen.
- Now select ( Always use this profile) Dropdown and from there choose recently created profile and from there you have to select apply and then ok.
Solution 6 : Running update for windows and repairing office
- Below we have tagged two articles created by microsoft corporation to assist you:-
Important: If any issue occurs due to any microsoft tool or any of other outer company then intuit is not responsible for that .
Solution 7-Running QuickBooks in compatibility
- On QuickBooks Icon Present on your desktop home apply right click and select properties.
- On tab of (compatibility) choose Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- From dropdown below it select windows version.
- Click on the box before its written Run this program as an administrator to mark it.
- Click on apply and then on ok
Solution 8 : Adding admin user to windows
- Create a user for windows which has administrative rights.
- Now longon with created user with rights.
- Now launch quickbooks.
Solution 9 :Update to latest release
Simply go to quickbooks product page and download latest version