Learn how you can easily set up a multi-user network for your QuickBooks Desktop.
Are you looking for Procedure to set up a multi-user Environment for your QuickBooks?
Here we give you every answer you want regarding QuickBooks Multi-User environment.
Set Up A Multi-User Environment For QuickBooks
Below we have mentioned the procedure that you need to follow in order to set up a proper Multi-User environment if you are New to QuickBooks. Follow the Procedures correctly to avoid errors-
- Downloading and Installing your QuickBooks
- Setting up your folder Permissions for Shared files
- Firewall and Internet Security Configurations for QuickBooks.
- Setting Up QuickBooks Database Manager.
- Allowing Admin rights and applying configurations for Multi-User mode.
- Mapping Of Network Drive.
- Opening Company files on Remote computer.
Turn On Network Hosting
QuickBooks has a special tool known as QuickBooks Database Manager that communicated with your company file.
Do Follow the reccomended mode to set up your Files/ The recommended set up for multi-user has the company file on the host computer.
Turn On – Hosting
Important Note: Make sure that you tun on hosting only on the Server computer and it has company file stored to it.Using only one computer as host always helps you to avoid network errors. Never Turn on hosting on other workstations.
- Open-File Menu In QuickBooks.
- Click on “Host Multi-User Acess”.
When confirmation pop up appears, click on “Yes”.