New QuickBooks Point Of Sale Server
( Make A New Computer As your Server Computer)
These steps are meant to be followed if you are willing to move your QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Server to a new computer on network using multiple licensing to make that computer your server computer..For help or any query related to this can be done at QuickBooks Technical Support
Or Call 1800-396-7703
If you agree with this ’s move on to basic process-
Step 1- Make a backup of all important files
- In QuickBooks open file menu and then select Back up Data.
- Now simply select backup to alternate location.then click on browse.
- Now select any prefered location ( Desktop ) and then click on open and then save.
- Select backup and then click finish.
- Do make a copy of that backup on any portable device for security of data.
Step 2- The process of Uninstall-Reinstall and update
- Close QuickBooks Desktop Point of sale on every computer that is logged in to you network.
- Uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale on workstation that was used before as server computer.
- Install QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale On the computer that is to be prepared for system computer.
- Update the server to latest version.
Step 3- Synchronise license data online
- Open QuickBooks Point Of Sale one new computer that is being prepared for server workstation.
- Open Help menu and then click on Manage My License. Click on Sync License Data Online.
- Click ok.
Step 4- Restore your QuickBooks Data backup
- Insert the removable disk that has your backup data.
- Open file menu in QuickBooks and select Restore Backup File.
- Click on Restore from alternate location then browse to the location of your backup.
- Click ok