Process To Resolve Data Damage Occurred To Your QuickBooks Company File
Below we have provided some troubleshooting steps For Windows and Mac OS that can resolve minor data damages that have occurred in your company file. In Case Any major damage has occurred it’s better to take free consultations from QuickBooks Technical Support– Just Call At 1800-396-7703.
Note- Before proceeding further do use Rebuild and Verify utility of QuickBooks For data on the computer that is going through damage.
Here are the steps you need to follow as directed-
Step 1: Data Rebuild Utility Of QuickBooks.
- In QuickBooks Open File Menu. Choose Utility option and click on Rebuild Data.
- Click ok and keep following the prompts that direct you to Save a backup of data.
- When you are done with rebuild process press ok.
Step 2: Verify Data Utility Of QuickBooks.
- In QuickBooks Open File Menu and click on Utilities. Select Verify Data.
- If no Issue is detected by the utility then you can continue to use your company file as you error is fixed by Step 1.
- If any issue is still being displayed the verification utility and is directing you towards using the Rebuild Utility then you must close the prompt and continue with the solution given below:-
Continue to follow steps only if you are comfortable in reviewing QuickBooks.log or QBWin.log file else you must contact support is you don’t have enough knowledge about the nature of these files.
- Find files named as QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log.
- Now you have to check the log files.
- Find the line which has LVL_ERROR, and contacts QuickBooks Support to know about that kind of support.
- Re-sort is a process which undoes every change that was made manually and puts back your records.
Identification of transaction that causes the problem-
- Open Reports menu in QuickBooks and choose the option of Company & Financial then go to Balanced Sheet Detail.
- Click on Options and choose accrual or either cash report basis. if the balance is not equal determine the transaction that is the cause of the problem.
Comparison of Chart of accounts to Account report totals-
- In Open Invoices report compare the totals to account receivable balances in Chart of accounts.
- Compare Unpaid bills total to Accounts payable balance present in the chart of accounts.
- If balances mismatch then finds the transaction causing the problem and re-enter those transactions correctly.
Merging the damaged- Accounts, Names, Items
- Open list menu and go to the chart of accounts.
- While pressing down the CTRL key select the account that is damaged.
- Select edit.
- At the end of account name add * and then click on cancel.
- Hold down CTRL key and select any kind of account and click on New Account.
- Now choose the correct type and give the account the original name of the problem account.
- Now again hold down CTRL key and then select the problem account and select edit account.
- Remove * from the end of the name.
- Press ok.
- Click on yes when it asks to merge the account.
- Open list menu, Select items.
- Hold down Ctrl key and select the item that is damaged. Select the edit item.
- Add * at the end of the account name.
- Hold down CTRL key and select the new item.
- Choose the correct type and give it the name of the damaged item.
- Now again hold down Ctrl key and select the damaged item. Remove * from the end of the account name.
- Press ok.
- Click yes when asked to merge accounts.
- In the Corresponding center for the name type being merged.
- Hold down Ctrl key and select the damaged name. Click edit.
- Add * at the end of the name. and choose ok.
- Now again hold down Ctrl key and select any name. Click on New.
- Select correct type and give the name as it was in the damaged name. Click ok.
- Again hold down Ctrl key and select the damaged account and choose edit.
- Remove * from the end of name and press ok.
- Click yes if asked to merge.
Deletion Of memorized transactions and reports.
- Open reports menu. Click on report center.
- Click on the name one of the damaged accounts.
- Click on red X and click OK.
- Open lists menu and click on Memorized transactions.
- Select the transaction to be deleted.
- Open edit menu and click delete memorized transaction.
- Click ok.