Network Error- E-Pay Message:QuickBooks encountered a network problem while processing your payment or form
This error is usually encountered in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll while submitting E-File or E-Pay processing. The usual cause of this error is any kind of problem in the internet or token values being out of sync.
The error you may come across will be:-
- QuickBooks Desktop encountered a network problem while processing your payment or form. The underlying connection was closed. Unable to connect to the remote server.
- QuickBooks Desktop encountered a network problem while processing your payment or form. The underlying connection was closed. An unexpected error occurred on a send.
- Problem: QuickBooks Desktop encountered a network problem while processing your payment or form. The remote name could not be resolved: ‘efeprodqb.intuit.com’. Solution: Try submitting again.
- Problem: an internal error has occurred. Contact QuickBooks Desktop technical support for further assistance.
Below are some configurations you can apply to fix these error but in case you are unable to fix the error Contact Intuit QuickBooks 800 number to reach QuickBooks 24 Hour Support at 1800-396-7703.
SOLUTION-1 Updating and applying MS TLS v 1.2
TLS ( Transport Security Layer) v1.2 is one of the most used Industrial security standards which is a security protocol for data exchange over the internet. After QuickBooks 2015 intuit has ended support for the older version of TLS ( 1.0, 1.1 ) so in this case, you must update to TLS 1.2, if not the E-File and E-Pay could get affected.
To Know more About TLS and way to set TLS 1.2 visit- QuickBooks TLS
SOLUTION- 2 Turning off startup items and services
Note- if the process is completed successfully then it means that some program outside the QuickBooks or any unauthorized proxy is creating this error.
1- Selective startup for windows.
- Open the window for Run command by pressing windows key + R.
- Enter msconfig in the window and press enter.
- Now on the window that appears click on the general tab and chooses Selective startup.
- Click on Load System Services, then clear the marks from Load Startup Items.
- Open the tab for service and from the bottom, select Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Now clear all services selected and click on disable all, Simply remove the mark from Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Now on the list of Service, make sure that Windows Installer is selected. In case it is not the do select it.
- Click ok.
- Now restart your computer.
Note- Make sure that you are QuickBooks is running as an administrator.
2- Proxy settings.
- Open Help menu in QuickBooks and select Internet Connection Setup. Select next.
- Choose Advanced Connections, choose Lan Settings.
- See if there is any proxy information being set at the bottom of the window.
- In case port 80 is select then uncheck the option of use proxy.