QuickBooks software, from Intuit, has become the best tool to fulfill needs of various businesses. QuickBooks is available in a variety of versions, like Enterprise, Pro and Premier. Each of these versions is equipped with useful features. It does not matter what version you have chosen right now, you may upgrade it in future. QuickBooks Premier Version includes almost every feature that is present in Pro edition. But, with the Premier one, you may have to tailor the software, depending on your business tasks.
Purchase Licenses QuickBooks Multi-user Version
For multi-user mode of QuickBooks, you should know the information about the number of user licenses needed. For the multiple-user accessibility in Quickbooks Premier Version and Pro edition, you have the opportunity to use maximum five licenses. While you want to increase the number of licenses, Enterprise version is the right option. To make out the present number of licenses with your software, it you may press your F2 key. It will reveal the information on the product.
For buying more licenses, you need to
- Click on the option- Help
- Then, go to the Manage My License tab
- From there, you can get the option for buying additional license
The Pro version of the software gives you options for the installation of Multiple-user mode. More than one user or single user may make use of two PCs. Each of the users should have license for running the program. These users can get access to any file of QuickBooks after the installation of Database Server Manager. This tool starts scanning the PC in order to update your business files. It also arranges the files for the synchronization with the chosen PCs.
How to set up the Database Server with the right Steps
- Shut down the running software on the server PC. For instance, you have to close the antivirus programs because they can disturb the process of install. ALT and F4 keys will allow you to close the active apps in your Operating System.
- Then, put in the CD of QuickBooks so that you can activate the process of installation.
- After double clicking on your installer file, you have to hit the option Yes for overwriting the present files.
- Choose Network Options so that you can avoid ones, which do not need any license. Hit the button of multiple-user and follow instructions to assist you with installation process.
- You will get the option of installation and then press the button Finish
Server Access- Steps for Configuring
From File menu of QuickBooks, choose the option- Utilities, where you get Multi-User accessibility
- Go to another menu- Company for setting the Password
- Choose the option- Add User to input the password and username
- Click on the button- Finish after choosing the options for access
- Run the software on every connected computer system
- Click on Restore option from File
- Go to Open File option and click Next button
- Find the right location to get Server Management folder
- With password and username, you can get your access
So, these are the important steps for QuickBooks Pro multi-user configuration. To increase the number of users, you have to pay for licenses for Enterprise and Premier Editions of the software.