(Error Occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file)
While trying to host your company file over a network for multi-user
access you can recieve following error message.
An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the
company file. Please try again.
If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and
provide them with the following error code: (-6175,0)
This particular error is usually occurred when QuickBooks is not able to
start QuickBooksDB service that is an essential service for hosting a
file.This problem in starting services is usually caused due to Firewall
software, Content blockers or maybe some other issues. Below are
some recommended solutions that can be tried.
Solution 1: Using File Doctor For QuickBooks
● Download QuickBooks File Doctor- DOWNLOAD
● Install downloaded files.
● Run QuickBooks File Doctor when it is installed.
Solution 2: Make sure that configuration for hosting are correct.
● Administrative rights should be configured for
● Make sure that QBUpdate.exe, QBW32.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe
and QBDBMgr.exe are working properly qith correct access
through firewall or security software.
Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
This process of restarting QuickBooks Database Server manager could
help you fix most of the error coes related to Quickbooks Database
When full QuickBooks Program is installed om server or host-
● You need to open QuickBooks on server.
● Open file menu and select Option for – Open and restore
● Choose – Open a company file. And then click next.
● Look for your company file and get it selected.
● Now select the option- Open company file in multi-user mode and
then click on open.
● Now log in to your company file uing username and password
that is set for it.
● Selct File and then close company/Log off to close the opened
Incase of QuickBooks Database Manager is installeed on host or either
● Open controll panel for windows.
● Apply double click on administrative tools.
● Now apply double click on services.
● Apply right click on Data manager that you use.
- QuickBooksDB28 (QuickBooks 2018)
- QuickBooksDB27 (QuickBooks 2017)
- QuickBooksDB26 (QuickBooks 2016)
● Click on restart
- In Case Database Server Manager Does Not Start
- Shut down your computer and then start it again. Repeat
- proceedure mentioned above.
- Contact QuickBooks Technical Support to get your issue
- resolved Call at 1800-396-7703