An error appeared when users tried to establish, open or work on the company file of QuickBooks. Please try to open company file again. This QuickBooks error if filed under QuickBooks error series 6000. There are various error codes in this series which can be fixed by performing certain systematic troubleshooting steps.
QuickBooks also provide solution to resolve the issues. Try there solutions which is given below. If error persists, contact QuickBooks Technical Support and get help from there.
Why is this error appearing?
This error occurs when the details file is being open or created on corrupted media (Such as restoring the file from a corrupted flash drive).
- Incomplete Installation or Corrupt Download of QuickBooks Software.
- Misrepresentations in Windows registry from a current QuickBooks software change (uninstall or install).
- Another program falsely or mistakenly deleted the related files of QuickBooks.
How to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6150?
QuickBooks Support Provides various solution for this error. Users may fix the issue with the first solution but if the error persists, follow the recommended solutions.
Change the location of QuickBooks File
Copy the QuickBooks files and paste it on the desktop. By changing the location of files you’ll figure it out that is there any issue with the location or not. If the files open, after saving the file on Desktop, then it means the location of file is probably damaged, or it exceeded the file system path limitation. If the company file still didn’t open after changing its location, it is possible the file has corrupted.
- Open a folder which has company files.
- Find the .QBW extension file.
- Copy file, by right-click.
- Paste that file on the Desktop.
- Hold the Control key; open QuickBooks, so you are guided to No Company Open Window.
- Open and restore the Existing Company, move it to the desktop. Open it.
- If the error still persists, follow the second solution
Open a Sample company file which is locally installed on workstation
Open a Sample Company File, and ensure is there any issues with company file or with the QuickBooks Application. If sample company file shows an error at the time of opening, it is an indication that the installation has damaged and it has to be repaired.
Use Auto Data Recovery Copy
Recover a backup from before the error occurred or restore your Auto Data Recovery (ADR) copy of your company file. If the problem persists, please contact QuickBooks Technical Support for possible increase to Data Services.
If any of the above suggested solution didn’t work, the dial the QuickBooks Technical Support Number +18-2560, and get the finest solution to QuickBooks Errors.
Important: Make sure your QuickBooks is updated. Learn how to update your QuickBooks here.