What is QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -82 ?
QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -82 appears while attempting to open a company file“An error appeared when QuickBooks examined to obtain the company file” shows that QuickBooks can’t locate the company file, which is stored in different computer in the network, this error mostly occurs when you are running QuickBooks in multi user mode.
How to fix this issue?
QuickBooks Support suggests more than one solution for this error. Maybe the first suggestion solves the issue of QuickBooks, or you may need to examine all of them to fix the problem.
Note: Make sure that your QuickBooks is up-to-date. It is also suggested to users to download QuickBooks File Doctor , install it and run the company file scan.
Solution 1 – Separate spaces after the company file name and before the extension of company file.
- Terminate the accounts of QuickBooks Desktop on all devices.
- Proceed to the folder which contains your company file.
- Rename the Company File name after Right clicking on it.
- Click on the file, press F2 and separate the spaces from the company file name and file extension.
If error continues, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2 – Verify the status of hosting of the entire PC.
- Turn off Hosting method for the single user path.
Note: Turning off the Hosting will disable the multi-user services.
- Choose the File menu and picked Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Path.
- When the Stop hosting multi-user path message shows, agree yes.
- When the Company file must be closed broadcast appears, select yes.
- For Multi user path
Note: This failure usually shows that one or more consumer PC are mistakenly set up to host multi-user path.
- On each customer PC displaying the failure:
- Open No Company Open Window and Choose Utilities from File Menu.
- Verify that the menu choice Host Multi-User Path has presented. One or more customer PC might show the menu choice, Stop Hosting Multi-User Path, which shows they are already hosting multi-user path.
- On any customer PC representing the Stop Hosting Multi-User Path, choose the Stop Hosting Multi-User Path choice and follow the timely to switch off hosting.
- Try starting the error file again. The required log-in window should present.
Need a certified technician to fix this error for you, Call QuickBooks Support 1844-620-4696 and get instant solution to your problem.