New QuickBooks edition, like 2010 Pro or Enterprise versions are much advanced in features. However, many users have also faced error messages while using these software versions. They have found out a list of various issues, and the error codes for these issues are also different. But, there are also solutions to the QB problems that you are facing right now. The error code -6073, -99001 is also an issue that may be caused due to different reasons. The software will show a message that- it cannot open your file.
Causes of QuickBooks Error
We have found out various reasons behind the error-
- On another PC (that is with Single User version), you have opened the file
- Read-one folder is storing your company file
- You have hosted your files on Linux computer and used multiple credentials for login to access your folder.
- You have opened the file with the use of remote application. Thus, your host PC may consider that you are presently logged.
Fixing QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001
- Close your QB software, present in every computer in your house
- Access the file, stored in your host PC
- Go to File menu and choose Multi User software mode
- While you are still facing the issue, you may start rebooting your system.
- There is another option to solve the issue-
- Click on the option Close company from File menu
- Try to open the file Hit Open or Restore option of the software
- Then, open this file. Choose Next option
- Get into your file with multi-user version
In many cases, the files are present in read-only type of folder-
- Run your computer, hosting a file
- Select your folder location to get your file
- Give a right-click on this folder
- Choose the tabs- Properties and Security
- Then, find out user, having log-in issues. Hit the option- Edit.
- Click on Allow option. Choose Apply
There are different other solutions for those, who have accessed the PC from other software system, we have the right guide for them.
- Choose Task Manager from the bar
- You may find Processes option on a tab
- Now make out if all the present processes are related to the chosen user name.
- Restart your PC
Use other software systems for solving QuickBooks Issue
You can also use QB File Doctor for solving the issue. This tool is effective in many situations.
- You are not able to access your file. The software is displaying error message on the screen.
- There are blank or missing list of your vendors and customers
- The software is revealing the error codes- H101 or H303,
- There is severe damage to the files, and they cannot be opened.
- Thus, in all these cases, you can use QuickBooks tools for solving the error of your software.
For most of the cases, the above options give the right solutions to the users. However, still, if you are not able to do so, you can use QuickBooks online help. Speak to the customer representative team from QuickBooks software so that you can get the tailored solution of your issue. Try to use the latest QB version to get better service.