QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -83
You could possibly encounter this error while you are attempting to restore or backup or may occur while opening your company file.
The error message encountered will be :- An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -83).
QuickBooks Technical Support – 1800-470-6903
These are some possible reasons that can cause this error :-
The solution for this particular error depends on the action performed by you during occurence of this particular error . Below is the list choos wisely according to your situation.
You were launching a particular company file that was being stored in windows server.
Sol. 1 : Fix The Error Using The QuickBooks File Doctor
From this Link download QuickBooks file doctor and run it to repair the file.
Sol.2 > Turning off every workstations hosting which access file on server
In case the QuickBooks is used in multiple computers then make sure to make only one computer as a host for server to do so :-
- Open file menu in QuickBooks and choose the option of Utilities
- From the list that would appear see which computer is hosting:-
Host Multi-user Access – This means this computer is not hosting
Stop Hosting Multi-user Access – This means that this computer is hosting and this should be in only 1 computer.
- If more than one computer is hosting , on the extra host click the option Stop Hosting Multi-User access and click yes to proceed.
Sol. 3 > Manually fixing the error
1- Update the QuickBooks To Latest release.
2- Configure Firewall and security
3- Check company file permissions
4- Scan the company files
5- Verify on your hosting computer
6- use different path to launch company file
Sol.4 > Edit the Host File
Edit the windows hosting files on workstation using the correct IP address and server name
You were attempting to explore your company file on linux based server.
Sol 1. Connection Verification
- Configure the linux based database server manager by specifying the directories in Initord.conf
- Adjust Ping Server:-
1- On Keyboard use Windows + R
2- Enter CMD and click OK
3- At the cmd prompt , input the ping( name of linux server) and hit ENTER key.
Sol. 2 : Editing The host files.
- Terminate QuickBooks
- Press Windows + E on keyboard.
- Open Local Disc (C:) > Windows folder > System32 folder > drivers folder > etc folder.
- Launch the hosts file by use of notepad
- Add or edit the IP address as you prefer.
- Use Tab key once to enter the name of server
- Save the file and launch quickbooks
You may be creating a backup
- Make a new file older in C drive on the root
- Now save the backup on new folder
You could be restoring your company file
Sol.1> Change the Extension
Sol. 2: File name and File Path error
Verify that correct file name and path is used to restore in QuickBooks
Acceptable Path: : C:\Users\Fred\My Documents\QuickBooks data\Company Name.qbw
Now Acceptable Path: Business\Fred\Fred’s Documents\My Business $.Business
- Open file menu, select Open or Restore company file
- Choose Restore a backup copy and hit next
- Choose local backup and click on next
- Locate your backup file and click on open
- Proceed by clicking next
- From the name field remove extra spaces and special characters.