While trying to open QuickBooks you applied double click on
QuickBooks icon but QuickBooks was not able to start or it was
launching partially. This could be happening due to various reasons.
Usually best way to fix this issue is to restart your computer.
Tip- Double clicking on QuickBooks icon Multiple time can also prevent it
from opening properly. It’s always better to give sufficient time for
software to launch
Now let’s move onto the solutions regarding fixation of this problem:-
Solution 1- By closing QBW32.exe process
There are various processes of QuickBooks that keep running in the
background that may get stuck sometimes. The best way to fix this is to
end those process and run QuickBooks again.
● Apply right click on windows taskbar and then select the option of
● Click on tab for processes and then go to the header for name to
● Now from the list of programs find QBW32.exe and select it. Click
on End Task to terminate the process.
Solution 2- By suppressing application for QuickBooks Desktop
Incase there has been any damage to QuickBooks Company file you
must make sure that QuickBooks application itself is working. Maybe
QuickBooks Was trying to open previous company file. It’s always better
to isolate if program or your company fipe is being working or not.
● Apply right click on icon for QuickBooks on your desktop press
down and hold CTRL key and then click on open.do make sure
you don’t release CTRL key until No Company File is open
● Now simply open your company file.
Solution 3- Restarting your system
Restarting your system could possibly repair the issue as it will bring the
computer up from scratch and will also swipe away current state of
software. After you have restarted the computer try to open QuickBooks
Solution 4- By running QBInstall tool on your system
You must download and then run the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic
Tool which can fix a variety of issues that can bring up different errors
while opening QuickBooks Desktop.
● First you must download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool-
● when its prompted simply save then file on your local desktop.
● When tool is downloaded close every running program and then
run then Tool.
● After the process is completed which may take some time
depending on speed of your computer. Restart the computer to
make sure components get updated properly.
Solution 5- By repairing QuickBooks installation
By running the repair option on your QuickBooks installation you will be
able to replace all damaged installation files from the QuickBooks
Solution 6- By doing a clean reinstallation of quickbooks
By performing a reinstallation you can repair most of the errors that can
be encountered in QuickBooks.
● Uninstall QuickBooks.
● Download a fresh installation file from QuickBooks download
● Install QuickBooks again.