How to Install QuickBooks Point of Sale
Down below is the installation process for QuickBooks Point of Sale.
1. The application should be downloaded from Internet, in case you have already done that in that case move to next step.
2. Double click the download icon by going to a location where the file is (should be on the
desktop)use double-click on QuickBooks Point of Sale executable file -ex. QBPOSv12.exe.
in order to run the POS installation.
3. If a message occurs prompting for overwriting the existing extracted file you may click on Yes to All.
4. Select Next installation to start.
5. It shows a License Agreement for the software after this process, select on I accept the terms in the
license agreement and click Next.
6. Enter the License number and Product key information and press Next.
7. Select Next.
8. Choose the total number of workstations that are to be used for Point of Sale.
For Single User: Select the option of Only this computer and keep following the process for installation.
For Multi Users: Choose the option of Two or more computers and select settings if it is the Server workstation or it is Client workstations.
a. Server Workstation: A Server workstation should be the first workstation to which
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is to be installed. Server workstation make and store our company data.
- Client workstation: The client workstation is a register used to assist your customers in their daily sales and could have simultaneous access to the programs.
- To continue installation . Click on Install.
10. You shall restart the computer once the installation process is completed of safety.
11. After the installation process is done, you should activate your QuickBooks Point Of Sale services.