QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
The error code usually occurs when network settings are not set up properly. The error can be resolved by renaming.ND &.TLG files. After the files are renamed, they are automatically re-created once you rescan using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and you try opening your company file.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6144 82
The symptoms of this error code are mentioned below.
1. This error code will crash any application that is opened.
2. Whenever you are running the same program, the computer will hang a lot.
3. You will see a dialog box on your screen stating-
“Error 6144 82: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- 4. The response time of your windows will slow down, and it works slowly to any user input.
5. Your computer can freeze down for a while.
How To Fix The Error.
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop application.
2. Press the F2 button on your keyboard.
3. You can find the location of the company file under the File Information section.
4. Click on the folder that contains your company file and opens the location.
5. Locate and find the files with the same name as of your company file but with the extensions like.ND &.TLG.
example- company_file.qbw.nd, company_file.qbw.tlg
6. Rename each file by right clicking on the files. You can use OLD at the end of each file name.
7. Open QuickBooks application and sign in back to the company file.
If you are still receiving the error code message or the system is not performing properly you may trying calling our support team, or try rebooting the system after backing up your company file.