Common Intuit Data Protect Problems
In this article, we will provide you with all basic troubleshoots which will help you to identify and then fix some Common problems that may be encountered in Intuit Data Protect. It is recommended to only use those methods which are Mentioned below for best results.
Important: After May 31st, 2018 all connections used by Intuit QuickBooks will be required to meet certain system requirements. Make sure you meet the requirements.
Solution 1- Update QuickBooks to latest patch available.
It’s best to keep QuickBooks updated to get an error-free experience.
- In QuickBooks click on the help menu and select the option saying update QuickBooks.
- Go to update now tab.
- Scroll till the end and make sure all important things are checked including Data protect.
- Click on get updates.
- Re-open QuickBooks after the update to apply them.
Solution 2- Getting Data protect updated.
- FInd Intuit Data protect green padlock icon in taskbar active program menu.
- Apply right click on it and select About Intuit Data Protect.
- Select update.
- Check if the issue is resolved after the update.
Solution 3- Set correct firewall settings for (IDP)
- Press Windows+S on keyboard and type Firewall in the search box.
- Click on option saying Allow an app through windows firewall.
- Select allow another app.
- Now browse to-Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect.
- Allow following services one by one-
- Make sure Private is checked in network type.
- After all, services are added click on the option for ADD.
Solution 4- Adding IDP to your trusted sites.
- Press Windows+S key and type Internet Options in the search box.
- Find and click on Internet Options.
- Click on the security tab and then select Trusted sites.
- Click on the sites button.
- All these IPD and Intuit websites-
- Click on add.
- Click on close then on ok.
Solution 5- the Correcting length of the File path.
Standard limit for site path is 260 if exceeded may cause an error.
- Using windows explorer simply navigate to the folder holding IDP files that are not backing up.
- Click on the address bar to get path selected.
- Copy that and paste it in Microsoft office word. Count the number of characters used in the path.
Using the Diagnostic tool for Intuit Data Protect
By using this too most of the IDP problems can be fixed including firewall settings.
- From the lower right corner of your display find IDP green padlock icon and apply right click on it. Select About Intuit Data Protect.
- When you are in About IDP window press CTRL+F2 key.
- Click on Run diagnostic.
- Now if the error is there it will be displayed and details will be provided in red.
- In case it is displaying any error that you are not able to resolve then contact QuickBooks Technical Support at 1800-470-6903 to get every issue resolved safely.
Results of Intuit Data Protect Diagnostic Tool