Steps To Export a Report From QuickBooks Desktop To Microsoft Excel
QuickBooks 24 Hour Support | Call 1800-470-6903
Before you start with the process, you need to export the report from QuickBooks Desktop to your local Microsoft Excel software.
1. Open the report that you want to be exported in excel.
2. Select the Excel option from the report toolbar and choose from the following-
a. Create New Worksheet- This exports the report to a new Microsoft Excel file.
b. Update Existing Worksheet- This will export the report to the existing Microsoft Excel file.
But if you are selecting this option, you need to select the file first and click on Browse, followed by the selection of the specific sheet of the file where you want to export the report.
3. To set the format of your MS Excel report, select Advance.
4. Select the option OK in the Send Report to Excel window, and after the QuickBooks exports the report, it will automatically open in Microsoft excel.
Excel allows 256 columns in a Worksheet.
You may experience an error message saying “”Excel allows 256 columns in a worksheet.”
This is when you are trying to export a report that has more than 256 columns.
This problem usually occurs because of the earlier versions of MS Excel as they had a limitation of 256 columns.
The problem can simply be resolved by removing the spaces between the columns or by creating the file in .csv format instead of .xls file format.
Steps To Remove Space Between Columns:
1. From the Send Report to Excel window, select the option Advance.
2. Deselect the Space between columns checkbox option.
3. Press OK and continue.
If you are still not able to export the report by using the above steps, you need to do it by creating a CSV file:
1. Select the Create a comma separate values (.csv) file, from the Send Report to Excel window.
2. Change being exporting the report to Export.
3. Manually enter the name for the file and also select the preferred location for your file.
4. Click on Save.