DAMAGED DATA IN COMPANY FILE ( HOW TO RESOLVE)
If you encounter any issue regarding the data of company file here are some tips how you can repair those files.
Important Note: Before proceeding further run rebuild and verify utility on company file folder.
Step 1: Data rebuilt utility
- Open file menu in quickbooks
- Select utilities option and proceed to choose Rebuilt Data
- Follow the prompt window to save backup
Step 2: Data verification utility
- Open file menu in QuickBooks
- Select utility and choose verify data
- If data verification process encounters any problem you may need to run the follow the steps below.( if you prefer reviewing QBWin or QuickBooks.log file. If you are not familiar contact QuickBooks 24×7 Support AT: 1800-396-7703.)
- Search for QBWin or QuickBooks.log.files.
- Check the log files.
- For Windows- press ctrl + F key and look for BEGIN VERIFY
- For MAC- scroll all the way down to the bottom where you will find the recent verification information
- If you find any error contact QuickBooks Support AT: 1800-396-7703.
Some additional ways to fix data damage
1-By re-sort lists
Resort all your lists in order to reset the changes that you have made and are causing the problem after you have reseted them the problem may get resolved.
By identifying the transactions.
- Open report menu
- Select Company and financial
- Select options
- Choose accrual or cash
If your liabilities and assets are not equal then there is a problem. Backup your files and then delete them in order to rewrite all those reports correctly.
By comparing the totals of account report on chart of accounts.
- Open reports menu.
- Choose customers and receivables.
- Click on open invoices
- Compare the totals of open invoices and receivable balance.
If totals are not equal then there is a problem .just rewrite them after making backup of those files.
By checking these accounts
This account includes all out-of-balance transactions just rewrite those balances to recover from this error and also assign items for those amounts which are not assigned.
- Click on activities
- Choose make deposits
- Click on all
The deposited amount total should be equal to undeposited funds there should not be any negative account there.
2.By merging – accounts,names,items
- Open lists menu
- Select chart of accounts
- Keep holding down the ctrl key and select all damaged accounts
- Click on edit accounts.
- Delete the asterisk added in names of account and choose cancle
- Keep holding the ctrl key and choose any account
- Click on new account name that account to problematic account and hit ok
- Hold ctrl key click on original account select edit account option and then remove asterisk from the name of the original account.
- Open lists menu
- Choose items
- Hold ctrl key and select those items which are damaged
- Select edit
- Add asterisk in the name of damaged item
- Keep holding the ctrl key and choose any item
- ‘Select new
- Choose the correct type and enter the genuine name
- By holding down ctrl key you need to select the original item and select edit
- Remove the asterisk and hit ok
- Select yes when ask to merge the two names.
3.By removing memorized reports and transactions.
For memorized reports
- Open reports menu
- Select report center
- Select the reports you prefer to delete
- Click on red x then press ok to delete.
For Memorized Transactions
- Open lists menu
- Choose transactions you prefer to delete
- Open edit menu and select delete memorized reports
- Click on ok to proceed deletion .